Frequently Asked Questions
- Please fill out the Booking Request Form, or feel free to email me with the date, time, location, service(s) you need, etc. After I receive your information, I will get back to you and let you know whether or not I am available for that date/time. If I am available, I will give you a price quote. If you would then like to book my services, I require a contract and a deposit to reserve your date/time.
What do I need to do to book your services?
When should I book your services?
- As soon as possible! Fill out the Booking Request Form to request information and inquire about my availability for your date/time. While I might occasionally have openings at the last minute, I often get booked at least several months to a year in advance (especially for weddings and weekends), so the earlier the better! Contact me though even if it's short notice because you never know....I might be booked later in the day but be available in the morning (or vice versa). It never hurts to ask, but try to give as much notice as possible.
I would like to try your services before I book my wedding. Can I book the trial and hold the wedding date?
- I completely understand wanting to make sure you like your makeup and hair at your trial before signing a contract for your wedding date. However, I'm afraid I do NOT hold dates (even for weddings) without a contract. I book on a first come, first serve basis. We can definitely do your trial first though, and if you're happy with my services, book your wedding then (if I'm still available). So as long as you're aware of the risk that I may not be available for your wedding by the time we do your trial, I have no problem doing your trial before you book your wedding. I would need a contract for the trial, and then there would be a separate contract for your wedding if you choose to book it with me.
How long do your services take?
- It all depends on the service(s) being performed. I can usually work within a given time frame (I'll let you know if it will work or not). However, I tend to be a perfectionist, so if the time frame is flexible, I'd like to give myself as much time as possible, rather than have to rush and cut myself short. However, if there's not enough time for me to do everything by myself, I may have an assistant help if possible. It will usually always work out one way or another (when there's a will, there's a way!).
Do you work in a salon? Or do you travel to the client?
- No, I do not work in a salon. I offer mobile services and typically travel to the client. I service the Denver Metro area (there may be a travel fee depending on the location). I can pretty much travel anywhere you need me to go as long as my travel expenses are paid for (please contact me for Travel Rates).
How many people can you do makeup and hair for by yourself?
- I can typically accommodate larger groups. However, if there are too many people for me to do everything myself, I will let you know. I may also use an assistant if possible.
What type of makeup do you use?
- I use high-end, professional quality products. And I try to use mostly oil-free, fragrance-free and non-comedogenic products for anyone with sensitive skin like myself. As for the products themselves, I mostly use Makeup Forever along with Laura Mercier, MAC, Bobbi Brown,
NARS, Kevyn Aucoin, Shu Uemura, Lancome, etc.
Do you offer airbrush makeup?
- No, I do not offer airbrush makeup. I prefer traditional foundation and makeup as it allows me more control and options.
Do you work with hair extensions?
- Yes, I can work with and style all kinds of hair extensions. I can also apply temporary clip-in extensions to the hair for an extra charge. However, I do NOT supply hair extensions.